The One Where I Touch The Jo Bros…And A Few Other More Age Appropriate Celebrities

by Mary Anne on February 7, 2011

This weekend was a big one in DFW….the weekend we hosted the Super Bowl.    Before you start yawning and deleting me from your reader for talking about my  love of all things Green Bay Packers (also known as SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!!!!), let me tell you this post is not about football.

It’s about The Jonas Brothers.

Whom I touched.

All of them.

(That just sounded wrong, didn’t it?)

Anyway, with the Super Bowl came some pretty amazing parties.    As most of you know I’m in advertising which means one thing….major major perks in the form of party passes.    Well, it means I help people sell you things you don’t really need but let’s just focus on the perks for the purpose of this post, okay?

The first party was the Marquis/Net Jets party.    I was able to take one client, in this case Lindsey who is more of a friend than a client because she’s all awesome and stuff.   (Yet another perk of the job…cool people you get to hang with and call it “work”.)

Our first celeb spotting was David Spade.    He’s so tiny!

And a good sport too.  Well, he was for the first picture anyway.   The flash didn’t go off so I demanded a do over.   That’s when he got the look he had on his face during Tommy Boy when he was talking to Chris Farley.  Trust me, keeping the references to that movie under check was not easy.

We thought we were done then but then I heard Lindsey gasp and I looked where she was looking.    Standing there was none other than Kevin Jonas who moved quickly through the crowd.    Lindsey and I chased him (yes, chased…we are all agile and stuff) through the tent until he went back outside…and into the bathroom which is when this picture happened.

Yes, I did stand outside the bathroom when I saw Nick go inside and patiently waited to get this picture.   Is that wrong?  Sue me.

Safely back inside and now unprotected by bodyguards for a minute, Kevin was again the target and Lindsey got him.

Look at how cute he is!   And Lindsey!  It’s all so age appropriate!    The Man wanted a picture too seeing as how everyone tells him he looks like he could be Kevin’s dad, so he and New Boss hopped in for a quick picture.

BTW?   New Boss is tired of being called New Boss since we’ve worked together for six months or so….he needs a new name.    I’m thinking I’ll refer to him from now on as El Hefe (the boss in Spanish) which makes him sound sort of like a dictator or crime lord but I like it so it stays.

Next up we stalked Joe.   And by stalked I mean got so close their giant security guards told us to back off, see?

But then it happened, we grabbed him!   And by grabbed I mean politely asked if we could pleasepleaseplease take a picture with him.

He was SO NICE and OMG so cute, so so cute.  We found out a few minutes later, he’s really funny too.

We had two Jonai in the bag and needed Nick to bring the Jonas trifecta home.   So?   I grabbed him.  And by grabbed, I mean I literally put my hand on his arm and dragged him over to me.     Look at how adorable he is, how much he doesn’t want to make eye contact with the crazy lady who is old enough to be his mother squeeing and hanging on his arm!

He was also amazingly kind and gracious.  (I’m going to just stop her and have a mommy moment and say that somebody raised those boys right.)    Not the best picture but the next one is the real keeper….

I got photo bombed by Joe Jonas!!!!!!!

See?  I told you he was funny.    And cute, but we covered that already.

Lindsey and I thought we were done and headed back to the hotel to get our cars.   But we weren’t done.   Standing there minding our own business we heard a familiar voice.   A very deep familiar voice…

Alec Baldwin!   More squee!!!!     The Man took this picture because he really thought that Lindsey and I would not dare to grab him.   Look at us plotting:

What The Man failed to remember was that Lindsey and I had a few drinks under our belt.  So we grabbed Alec Baldwin and made him turn around.  We have no shame.  Zero.

But my day wasn’t over (though I swear this post almost is…).    Later that night I took another client to the Maxim party.   Meet Jeff who is also totally wonderful and very easy on the eyes.     The other benefit to Jeff is that he is incredibly tall and can spot celebs by looking over the heads of everyone around him which is how we found Puck from Glee:

After grabbing Puck, and realizing he does not like to be grabbed so much, I managed to stroke his arm when I thanked him.   Ladies, he is every bit as hot and built in person as he is on the show.   I deserve props though for not rubbing his mohawk…you have no idea how much self restraint was involved in that one.

So there you have it.  A very long and bloviated post about my weekend.    Give me a break though, I rarely (never) have a weekend like this and probably won’t again before I’m 90 years old in a wheelchair.

However, now that I think about it, that will give me a unique advantage to pinch some cute butts though.

Always a silver lining!

{ 18 comments… read them below or add one }

1 paige February 7, 2011 at 7:04 pm

The Puck sighting would be my favorite–nice work!
paige´s last blog ..Will this ever endMy ComLuv Profile

2 Loukia February 7, 2011 at 7:12 pm

So you basically died and went to heaven? Awesome!!! So so cool that you met Puck AND Alec Baldwin and everyone else! Great pics!

3 Lynn MacDonald February 7, 2011 at 7:13 pm

Wow…you could end up being a very useful friend. Can you get passes outside of DFW, or just there. Cuz I always like parties…I imagine we could be a hell of a party duo.
Lynn MacDonald´s last blog ..In which a “D” is not a “- ” at BlissDomMy ComLuv Profile

4 Rene Foran February 7, 2011 at 7:24 pm

I am all shades of jealous Nellie Kelly green over here!

I’m vicariously starstruck
Rene Foran´s last blog ..Peace MailMy ComLuv Profile

5 michele February 7, 2011 at 7:33 pm

Please tell me that you had been over-served and chatted too much because that would make me feel so much better about my behavior when in the presence of the famous. It’s okay to lie to me. What are friends for?

6 JazN February 7, 2011 at 7:51 pm

SHAKING AND CRYING. You touched. The. Jonai.
You are my hero.

7 Cassie February 7, 2011 at 9:18 pm

When I grow up I want to be MaryAnne Beasley.
Cassie´s last blog ..ExistentialismMy ComLuv Profile

8 foradifferentkindofgirl (fadkog) February 7, 2011 at 9:53 pm

I sort of feel vindicated after all the years I would swoon online about how cute Joe Jonas is to hear you now say how cute he is (which? OMG!! SO CUTE!!). Maybe it’s OK to say it now that he looks a little older and less ‘jail bait-ee.’

;)
foradifferentkindofgirl (fadkog)´s last blog ..i just realized im writing about similiar things two posts in a row this is my life- friendsMy ComLuv Profile

9 Sprite's Keeper February 8, 2011 at 6:30 am

Jonai- HA!
Now, Alec Baldwin, I would squee over, but just for his comedic timing.
Sprite’s Keeper´s last blog ..Code Word SunriseMy ComLuv Profile

10 Kathy February 8, 2011 at 12:12 pm

Totally cool I hide in my house when Super Bowl comes to town b/c everyone here in TPA turns into idiots. New Boss as El Jefe would be good just spell Jefe correctly b/c in Spanish H is silent so it would sound like Efe which is just F and then there are all the implications with the F-word.

I just discovered your blog and I LOVE IT!!!!

11 Clark Kent's Lunchbox February 8, 2011 at 12:14 pm

O. M. G! You took a photo with Alec Baldwin?! Two words: Man. Crush.

Just think. One day someone will be writing about the Jonas Bros like you did Rick Springfield.
Clark Kent’s Lunchbox´s last blog ..Angels and Demons- Part 1 SparkyMy ComLuv Profile

12 Victoria February 8, 2011 at 2:56 pm

OMG! I absolutley <3<3<3<3 LOVE <3<3<3<3 Puck from Glee. I just got hooked on Glee the day before the Superbowl and he is my favorite person!! He is sooooo hot. and your not the only one.. I totally would have petted his mohawk too!

13 Saucy February 8, 2011 at 8:11 pm

Well in some weird world of Seven Degrees of Separation, Loopy has touched my hand that touched Esther’s hand who touched Miss G’s hand who touched your hand who touched… the Jonai. God Bless You.
Saucy´s last blog ..vanilla vanilla valentinesMy ComLuv Profile

14 the mayor February 8, 2011 at 10:53 pm

You know I’m not much for squeeing, but if I ever need someone stalked you’d be the first person I’d hire to stalk the bejesus out of the situation.
the mayor´s last blog ..Random Tuesday MelangeMy ComLuv Profile

15 Janie February 9, 2011 at 2:56 am

Love “the Jonai” name. You’re way fun!
Janie´s last blog ..IDidnt Sleep At All Last NightMy ComLuv Profile

16 Beth February 9, 2011 at 4:58 pm

Looks like a grand time for you and the celebs. Glad you’re team won for you, too. That was very considerate!
Beth´s last blog ..NaptimeMy ComLuv Profile

17 Casey February 10, 2011 at 5:35 pm

Hey stranger! I learned more about the Jonas brothers in this post than I’ve ever known before. You are restraining order material and I love that about you.
Casey´s last blog ..Random Tuesday Thoughts- Green Shits And Going HomeMy ComLuv Profile

18 Kate Coveny Hood February 12, 2011 at 12:08 am

You are probably the cutest thing ever.
Kate Coveny Hood´s last blog ..The DateMy ComLuv Profile