Joe The Plumber, The Drinking Game

I’d like to propose a drinking game. I think it will make it easier for all of us to endure these last painful few days of this mess we call an election.

Introducing: Joe The Plumber….The Drinking Game. Every time while you are watching the evening news and someone from either party says “Joe The Plumber”, take a big drink. Sure we will all be a hammered hot mess of bloggers but it’s better than watching the news, right? If you don’t drink…have some water and get some serious hydration…just join me on this one.

I applaud this guy for asking a logical question, I feel sorry for him that at one moment he was a normal member of society and now he has an official Wiki entry and cameras following him around. Also? I am jealous because I am fairly certain he will be able to turn this into a seven figure book deal and I can’t seem to get myself into a good position to ask either party a good question. But good for him.

I just need this madness to stop. And by stop, I mean right effing now. The phrase is making me crazy on both sides. Tell me what you think…are you in on this drinking game? And by tell me what you think, I mean tell me what you think about this drinking game of mine…BECAUSE NO MATTER HOW MUCH I LOVE YOU, POLITICAL DIATRIBES ON EITHER SIDE WILL BE DELETED…the The Stiletto Mom just doesn’t roll that way. Go forth and be the champion of your own political destiny….just not here.

The one thing I hope we can all agree on regarding the topic of Joe the Plumber is this saying:

Now pardon me while I go curl up in a corner and listen to more newsh….hiccup…

Comments

1. steenky bee says:

First! Am I the President of First???

2. steenky bee says:

I am so the President of First! And now it seems I am the VP of Second. How awesome am I???

3. Mary Anne says:

You are the President and Vice President of Awesome Steenky…but we knew that didn’t we? Love ya, mean it. Mwah!!!

4. steenky bee says:

Please don’t delete my comments because I mentioned “President” in them. I’m all for the Joe the Plumber drinking game. But, at the Steenky home, we are in a lockdown of a few words. No one can mention Joe the Plumber, Red States, Blue States, Maverick, Change, Electoral College, History Making, Torture Arms, Bill Airs (sp?) or Trooper Gate. Just back on the table recently are Rev. Wright, Stock Market, Approval Rating, Romney, Clinton and Friends.

Also, we never, never say “Rock the Vote”. Puffy totall ruined that one for a long, looooong time.

5. Mary Anne says:

Could never, ever, ever, ever…delete the Steenk. Ever never. :)

6. anna says:

I don’t drink, but I’ll play your game with diet coke. I don’t anticipate any more Joe the Plumber jokes during the Laker game, though.

Almost done!

Love,
    Anna the Blogger

7. Jim says:

Holy crap. I have that exact sign hanging in my office. No politics here…just drinking games.

8. Momma Trish says:

I wanna play!! But the Canadian evening news makes reference to “Joe the Plumber” way less often than you might think. So I’d just be sitting here sober while everyone else is having a good time, and no one wants that. It’d be like being the designated driver, but without the vehicle, and that’s just sad. So I’ll just have to get drunk with no game. Damn!

9. Kat says:

I am so ready for this election to be over. Either way I will be in England for the next 4 years so if either of these yahoos screw this country up at least I will be across the pond. Well except for my husband will have to follow the wishes of one of these yahoos….in that case..we’re doomed.

10. I’d be so in that A&E would be calling me within 20 minutes to see if I’d be interested in a spot on “Intervention”.

11. I’m in.

I can’t stand it either but my husband insists on watching.

Blech.

12. bex says:

Not only am I in – I’m in with a bottle of tequila! I will even watch the news in my bed so when I pass out, it will be more like going to sleep.

I voted early so now when I watch the candidates beg for votes I laugh and laugh bc I already sealed the fate of one of them yet they have no idea! Hahahahaha!

13. Ann says:

Did you say “Drinking Game”? Gee. I don’t know. I’ve never done that before…
    I guess I could give it a try…
    Well. Whaddya’ know! I’ve found some vodka in the freezer!

Seriously though, I’m beginning to become overly anxious with THE DATE coming closer. I just don’t think I can take much more. I’m a delicate flower after all. (I told you that, right? Delicate flower, yep.)

14. How ’bout the game where I hear someone say “Joe the Plumber” and I blow my brains out.

Except I would never do that, so, I’m in on the drinking thing.

Sigh.

15. goodfather says:

Sigh, no drinking for me. I wish they would stop talking about the guy and send him over to fix my sink. All the media hoopla is great and all, but MY SINK IS BROKEN. I actually need a plumber. I’d even take Jack the Plumber, Ron the Rotorooter, Felix the Fix-it-guy…

16. Dorsey says:

I’m there gal!! I’ll bring the Tequila Rose!! We’ll be singing bad 80s songs in NO time!!

17. Tara says:

See this is all a bit of a nonsense to us over here in England. Joe the who? Obama who? (kidding).
    But I’ll join in any drinking game, I’ll just make up different rules.

18. CK Lunchbox says:

I’d be drunk by 11am! Never in the history of a nation has laying pipe become so political.

Ahhh, Boones for breakfast.

19. Cameron says:

Games? Who neeeds a game to drink? Let’s just drink!!!

20. tuesday says:

steenky is a comment whore.

I would love to play a drinking game, but I am the only parent at home most of the time. I think that MAY be irresponsible.

I have never been more ready to vote in a election & wish next Tuesday would jsut get here already!

21. I would never delete the steenk. Especially since she (and you) just started coming around to my blog. And I’ll be forever grateful! Anyway…yeah…all of those terms are dead to me now. Another one that is starting to chap me now? Socialist. Tired, tired, tired.

22. Kirsten says:

I’m on board for the drinking game! I don’t know how much my liver can take tho!
    I love your blog! Consider me a fan.

23. HeatherPride says:

Oh, this sounds good. I think I will take next Wednesday off just so I can stay up late and watch the polls and play Joe the Plumber all night long! Wait. That sounds….

24. Beth says:

Since I am already heavily-drinking just to get through the nightly election news, and I can’t eat more due to a diet I’m on, I think I’ll do a sit-up for everytime I hear ‘Joe the Plumber’, everytime I hear the word ‘change’, ‘too risky’ or the words ‘failed policies of the Bush administration’. By November 4th, I should be looking pretty buff!

25. DCD says:

I am SO in on the drinking game. And also in TOTAL agreement that I cannot wait for it just to be done for already! Did you see The Daily Show last night? Hilarious take on the “Hurry the F, up!” concept.

Although now that there is a reason for my drinking, maybe they should keep this going a little bit longer.

26. lisa says:

I’d love to comment on your very clever post….however, I’m laying down on the floor, semi-comatose, while my children run amock. Bad drinking game…bad.

27. I am going to drink every time somebody says America. I’m going to use a really small glass though.

28. vodkamom says:

I am SO stealing that sign.

29. DC Urban Dad says:

I wonder if it is okay if I play at work?

30. Michele says:

The husband, 22 year old son and I have been playing some sort of election drinking game since the start of the debates. So, we are so there for you on this one.

As for the election. Make it stop, please for the love of Christ make it stop!

31. steenky bee says:

Still with the bald plumber guy who asked to be alone and not thrust into the spotlight, but then has been stumping on every Fox news program and campaign stop everywhere?

Also? I will try to work the word “thrust” into any conversation ever. At work, (architecture) you don’t how much I squee when the words “butt weld” or “steel erection” or “penetrating forces” show up on structural engineering drawings.

32. Ann says:

Hey Mary Anne,
    Did you hear that Joe is trying to get a record deal? He wants to be a country music plumber now. Really.
    Hmmm…

33. Mary Anne says:

Ann: I just KNEW it!!!!!

Everyone else: Sorry I’m not being a good blogger and participating in comments…am buried at work and may never see the light of day again!!!

34. Debbie says:

If I had been playing this, I would have alcohol toxicity by now. Joe was everywhere last night. As Ann said, he wants to get a record deal, has an agent for Pete’s sake, and is trying to get a book deal. Joe is milking this for more than his 15 minutes of fame. But I love the game and think I’ll start playing anyway. I may need a lot of Tylenol.

35. Miss Blondie says:

I wanna play!!! Count me in on ANY drinking game!! Esp. one that drowns out talk of the election…..so over it!

I’m glad i found your blog!

36. the mayor says:

My head is already spinning from all the coverage so I’m not sure how competitive a player I’ll be but what the heck…I’m in. This isn’t like beer pong is it? I refuse to drink beer out of a cup so many people have put their fingers in.

37. I’m not a big fan of drinking games–I don’t need anybody to TELL me to finish my drink, thankyouvermuch.

Instead, I’ll be playing Election Night Bingo–you can download the cards here: http://urbzen.com/2008/11/03/election-bingo/

Cheers!

38. sublime diary you’ve include

39. Carli Heydel says:

I’d have to make a deal with you on this. Which is not something I usually do! I really like reading a post that will make people think. Also, thanks for allowing me to speak my mind!